Maces Kings Peak Scout Trip
I loved that they took the dog and she even had her own
backpack so she could carry her food. So cute
They caught and released 200 fish
mace brought the girls home two rock and took them up to
Kings peak so the rocks would be on the highest point in UTah He is such a cute dad.
The crew just before they got rained on and hypothermic.
Well my mom got a wild hair and decided that we would go on a weekend vacation. So she rented an expedition and we loaded up dad arlee mom, the Girls and I. and we went to Colorado. We went to a dinosaur Museum in Fruita which Lainee did not like at all she was terrified the whole time and didn't stop talking about the dinosaurs the whole trip. I don't think Paige helped the Matter either because as we were arriving at the museum I heard Paige say to Lainee I hope the Dinosaurs don't bite you. So that terrified her. leave it up to a big sister.
After the museum we went to Grand Junction and stayed and swam it was was fun then the next morning we woke up and drove out to Delta and through tiny little towns on our way to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. May I say that it was totally worth it what a beautiful place we drove around the northside of the canyon around to blue mesa Resevor and then back to the black canyon. It was such a fun trip and what a fun secret that I have never heard of before. It was gorgeous! I liked it better than the Grand Canyon. Saturday night we stayed in Montrose and then went back to the canyon to finish being tourist. We had the best time.
While the girls and I were Touring and Shopping Mace was out Camping with the boy scouts. THey went to the Uintahs and Hiked Kings Peak it took them 21/2 days to hike in and that long to hike out. They got hypothermia (the early Stages) and blisters all over their feet and Mace still swears they had a great time. I am glad that they are home. I really hate when he is gone.
3 comments:
you guys leaning on that railing made me so nervous!!
What fun trips for both of you!
Mace, that hypothermia is not funny!! I love the kings peak rocks, so great.
Okay, what a pretty place your black canyon was! Montrose, that was a long road trip! It looks like a gorgeous place, and it is a National Park? I would say a nice secret!
What a great trip! That is sad about the hypothermia!
Post a Comment